On This Page:
Before you call for service, check these solutions to common problems.
Still need your chest freezer serviced? Call me on 022 011 4439 or book in your chest freezer for repairs using the form below.
Tips to Extend the Life of Your Chest Freezer (and Decrease Servicing Costs)
- Notice that the chest freezer isn’t sealing in the corners? Stop using it as a bench and stop sitting on it!
- This causes the lid to bend in the middle causing the edges to lift up and leak in warm air
- To increase the chest freezers efficiency never put it on carpet and elevate the chest freezer onto blocks of wood to increase air flow under the freezer (that’s where the condenser is)
- Always check to ensure it’s not on “fast freeze” because this will shorten the life of your freezer
- The ideal temperature is -18 degrees. Any colder and you’re wasting power/money
- Tip for buying a new chest freezer: Don’t always go for the more “energy efficient” ones (eg 4 out of 5 energy stars), because it means they have put a smaller motor/compressor in! It won’t last as long and will struggle in summer!
How Much Do Chest Freezer Repairs Cost?
- The standard call out charge is $65+gst. Which includes 20 mins in your home/office
- + parts and labour for repairs I do for you
- Is your freezer not as cold as it should be?
- That could be one of 3 causes:
- That might be a bad seal on the lid. Fixed for $60 – $120 (depending on brand)
- or the compressor not functioning properly. Fixed for $180 – $420 (depending on brand)
- In some cases it’s not worth repairing and I’ll advise you of this (I’ll need to charge you the standard call out fee of $65)
- Book In Your Chest Freezer Repairs Now
Acceptable Payment Methods:
- Internet Banking
Still Under Warranty?
Sorry, I can’t help. Go straight to the place you purchased it from.
Mobile: 022 011 4439
112 Holland Road, Farfield, Hamilton
“I specialise in chest freezer repairs, Hamilton”