On This Page:
Before you call for service, check these solutions to common problems.
Still need your fridge/freezer serviced? Call me on 022 011 4439 or book in your fridge/freezer for repairs using the form below.
Tips to Extend the Life of Your Fridge/Freezer (and Decrease Servicing Costs)
- Turn off your frost-free refrigerator for at least a day, once every 3 years to prevent the build up of excess ice in the air ducting and entry pipes to the evaporator.
- To improve efficiency and reduce power consumption, every year, remove dust from floor under refrigerator, and from the motor area (because dust gets sucked up into the condenser and the compressor and prevents efficient air flow) – especially the large side-by-side fridge/freezers.
- To prevent squeaking and folding of seal along the hinged side of the door, smear Vaseline along the entire length of the seal and where the seal connects with the cabinet surface.
- Tip for buying a new fridge/freezer: Don’t always go for the more “energy efficient” ones (eg 4 out of 5 energy stars), because it means they have put a smaller motor/compressor in! It won’t last as long and will struggle in summer!
How Much Do Fridge Freezer Repairs Cost?
- The standard call out charge is $65+gst. Which includes 20 mins in your home/office
- + parts and labour for repairs I do for you
- Is your fridge getting warm? Is your freezer not as cold as it should be?
- That could be one of 3 causes:
- That might be a bad seal on the door. Fixed for $120 – $240 (depending on brand)
- or the defrost circuit not operating. Fixed for $130 – $260 (depending on brand)
- or the compressor not functioning properly. Fixed for $180 – $420 (depending on brand)
- In some cases it’s not worth repairing and I’ll advise you of this (I’ll need to charge you the standard call out fee of $65)
- Book In Your Fridge/Freezer Repairs Now
Acceptable Payment Methods:
- Internet Banking
Still Under Warranty?
Sorry, I can’t help. Go straight to the place you purchased it from.
Mobile: 022 011 4439
112 Holland Road, Farfield, Hamilton
“I specialise in fridge/freezer repairs, Hamilton”