On This Page:
Before you call for service, check these solutions to common problems.
Still need your stove serviced? Call me on 022 011 4439 or book in your stove for repair using the form below.
Tips to Extend the Life of Your Cook Top / Stove Top (and Decrease Servicing Costs)
- Love boil-ups? Simmering big pots of food for 4 hours or more will vastly reduce the life of your stove. Consider using a portable camping gas stove instead
Solid Element: Does your stove top look like this?
- For these solid elements you can prevent them from rusting by wiping some vegetable oil on the elements after every use
Ceramic Element: Does your stove/cook top look like this?
- For these ceramic cook tops, ensure you clean them regularly. Particularly salt or sugar left on these can blister the surface which will shorten it’s life
Coil Element: Does your stove/cook top look like this?
- Use tinfoil trays or trim pieces of tinfoil to fit snugly under each element. Don’t use an entire tinfoil sheet to cover the space underneath because that will reflect heat into the wiring
Tips to Extend the Life of Your Oven (and Decrease Servicing Costs)
- Never use tinfoil trays on the bottom of your oven for 3 reasons:
- You may think it’s saving you cleaning but it’s reflecting heat back into the ovens wiring which will shorten it’s life
- It will also warp the base of the oven, and as the paint peals off from the intense heat, it will start to rust
- Is your baking often burnt underneath? That’s from the tinfoil reflecting the intense heat
- To reduce power consumption, ensure the oven door is closing properly by checking the door seal for cracks, splits and bends
- Door not closing properly? The hinges may have been stretched or the door hinge may be bent. You’ll need my help with this
- Oven not turning on at all? Check the clock to ensure it’s on “manual”
How Much Does a Stove Repair Cost?
- The standard call out charge is $65+gst. Which includes 20 mins in your home/office
- + parts and labour for repairs I do for you
- Most common problems:
- Top elements at full power even though you’ve turned them down?
- Top elements not turning on at all?
- Oven not turning on? (Make sure it’s set to “manual”, not “automatic” before calling me 🙂
- That could be one of 3 causes:
- If you used the oven timer recently then check you’ve set it back to “manual” I’ll get you to check while we are on the phone. No charge if this is the problem because you’ll find out when you check!
- Element circuit might be a broken. Fixed for $70 – $260 (depending on brand)
- or a faulty thermostat or an electronic control fault. Fixed for $160 – $470 (depending on brand)
- If I can see rust in the oven cavity or under the top elements I’ll advise you of this because it may not be worth repairing (I’ll need to charge you the standard call out fee of $65)
- Book In Your Repair Now
Acceptable Payment Methods:
- Internet Banking
Still Under Warranty?
Sorry, I can’t help. Go straight to the place you purchased it from.
Mobile: 022 011 4439
112 Holland Road, Farfield, Hamilton
“I specialise in stove repairs, Hamilton”